close
  • chevron_right

    Jeux paralympiques: Charles-Antoine Kouakou, 6e médaille d'or française

    news.movim.eu / HuffingtonPost · Tuesday, 31 August - 10:52 · 1 minute

Le sprinteur Charles-Antoine Kouakou, 6e médaille d

JEUX PARALYMPIQUES - Le sprinteur Charles-Antoine Kouakou a apporté ce mardi 31 août sa sixième médaille d’or à l’équipe de France aux Jeux paralympiques de Tokyo en s’imposant dans la finale du 400 mètres (catégorie T20).

Pour ses premiers Jeux, l’athlète de 23 ans s’est offert le titre paralympique et porte à 33 le total de médailles françaises, à seulement deux unités de l’objectif fixé à 35 avant l’événement.

Le natif de Paris a bouclé le tour de piste en 47 sec 63 devant le Vénézuélien Luis Felipe Rodriguez Bolivar (47 sec 71) et le Britannique Columba Blango (47 sec 81).

C’est aussi la troisième médaille du sport adapté français, le pendant du handisport pour les personnes en situation de handicap cognitif, puisque Léa Ferney (argent) et Lucas Créange (bronze) avaient ouvert la voie en tennis de table.

Enfin, il s’agit du cinquième podium de l’athlétisme français paralympique après notamment la médaille d’argent de la présidente du comité paralympique et sportif français Marie-Amélie Le Fur en saut en longueur (catégorie T64).

Plus d’infos à venir

  • Pictures 1 image

  • visibility
  • Ar chevron_right

    John Legere got $137 million severance for completing T-Mobile/Sprint merger

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Thursday, 22 April, 2021 - 17:22

Then-T-Mobile CEO John Legere testifying at a Congressional committee hearing.

Enlarge / Then-T-Mobile CEO John Legere testifies before the House Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee on March 12, 2019 in Washington, DC. (credit: Getty Images | Chip Somodevilla )

T-Mobile paid then-CEO John Legere $137.2 million in 2020, a year in which he worked three months and then left on the day he completed T-Mobile's purchase of Sprint.

Legere's 2020 compensation was revealed yesterday in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission ( see pages 49 and 50 ). Legere was previously paid $27.8 million in the full year of 2019 and $66.5 million in 2018, mostly in the form of stock awards. His 2020 compensation of $137.2 million did not include any stock awards—instead, it consisted of a $136.55 million severance payment, $600,000 in salary, and $50,000 in reimbursement for legal fees.

Mike Sievert, who replaced Legere as CEO, received $54.9 million in stock awards, salary, bonuses, and incentives in 2020, up from $16.4 million in 2019 and $35.6 million in 2018. He was previously the COO.

Read 7 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=VAYvJQDYM-o:UEy2o7pAam8:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=VAYvJQDYM-o:UEy2o7pAam8:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
  • Ar chevron_right

    T-Mobile promised more jobs after merger, then cut 5,000 jobs instead

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Monday, 1 March, 2021 - 22:00 · 1 minute

A T-Mobile logo on the window of a store.

Enlarge / A T-Mobile logo at a store in New York on April 30, 2018. (credit: Getty Images | Bloomberg)

T-Mobile has cut at least 5,000 jobs since completing its acquisition of Sprint despite promising that the merged company would start creating new jobs "from day one."

As noted by Light Reading today, a T-Mobile filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission last week said, "As of December 31, 2020, we employed approximately 75,000 full-time and part-time employees, including network, retail, administrative, and customer support functions." That's 5,000 fewer than the number T-Mobile gave on previous occasions, including a press release on December 8, 2020, that said there are "more than 80,000 employees at the post-merger T-Mobile." The 80,000 figure was probably off by at least a few thousand employees by the time it was repeated in that press release, given that T-Mobile had 5,000 fewer employees just a few weeks later.

The US government didn't impose any hiring requirements in the merger conditions that allowed T-Mobile to complete its acquisition of Sprint in April 2020. But T-Mobile and then-CEO John Legere made jobs a key part of their lobbying for the merger. In April 2019, Legere published a blog post titled, "Just the Facts on Jobs: The New T‑Mobile Will Create Jobs From Day One."

Read 7 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=tqUJecUlZGw:CuCAAvIs-Tc:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=tqUJecUlZGw:CuCAAvIs-Tc:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
  • Ar chevron_right

    T-Mobile pays $200 million fine over Sprint defrauding FCC Lifeline program

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Wednesday, 4 November, 2020 - 20:10

A man holding a briefcase full of money.

Enlarge (credit: Getty Images | aluxum )

T-Mobile has agreed to pay a $200 million fine to resolve an investigation into subsidiary Sprint, which was caught taking millions of dollars in government subsidies for "serving" 885,000 low-income Americans who weren't using Sprint service.

Sprint admitted the violations in September 2019, about six months before T-Mobile completed its purchase of Sprint. Today, the Federal Communications Commission announced the $200 million settlement, which T-Mobile will pay to the US Treasury.

The $200 million is in addition to money that Sprint previously agreed to pay back to the FCC's Lifeline program, which provides $9.25-per-household monthly subsidies to companies that offer discounted telecom service to people with low incomes. Sprint had taken the money from Lifeline in violation of the "non-usage rule" that requires providers of free, subsidized plans to de-enroll subscribers who haven't used their phones recently. When the FCC investigation was announced last year, the commission said that the "885,000 subscribers represent nearly 30 percent of Sprint's Lifeline subscriber base and nearly 10 percent of the entire Lifeline program's subscriber base."

Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=P8uYUbllHpw:iDYgzF0kYS0:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=P8uYUbllHpw:iDYgzF0kYS0:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
  • Ar chevron_right

    T-Mobile already trying to get out of merger conditions on 5G and hiring

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Wednesday, 24 June, 2020 - 17:02 · 1 minute

A T-Mobile logo on the window of a store.

Enlarge / A T-Mobile logo at a store in New York on April 30, 2018. (credit: Getty Images | Bloomberg)

T-Mobile is already trying to get out of merger conditions imposed by state regulators in California less than three months after completing its acquisition of Sprint.

T-Mobile yesterday filed a petition with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), asking the agency to provide two extra years to meet 5G build-out requirements and to eliminate a requirement to add 1,000 new employees. T-Mobile, which had agreed to other conditions imposed by the federal government , completed the Sprint merger on April 1 without waiting for California's approval . T-Mobile claimed the state has no jurisdiction over wireless transactions. CPUC, which says it does have jurisdiction, imposed conditions when it approved the merger on April 16 .

T-Mobile's petition to CPUC could be a prelude to a lawsuit against California if the carrier doesn't get what it wants. On 5G, T-Mobile's petition targets a condition requiring average speeds of 300Mbps to 93 percent of California by the end of 2024. T-Mobile asked the CPUC for an extra two years to comply, saying it should have until the end of 2026. T-Mobile claims the 2024 date was a mistake "because the 2024 date was a proxy—used [by T-Mobile] at the beginning of the regulatory approval process in 2018—for the period ending six years after closing (which of course occurred in 2020)." Changing the deadline to 2026 would bring the condition "in line with the company's network model, which includes coverage projections for three- and six-year periods from close," T-Mobile said.

Read 6 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=go5XrjPbNw0:NG_ebWhe7Iw:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=go5XrjPbNw0:NG_ebWhe7Iw:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
  • Bi chevron_right

    Report of the Debian Perl Sprint 2020

    pubsub.slavino.sk / bits.debian.org · Monday, 15 June, 2020 - 11:40

Eight members of the Debian Perl team met online between May 15 and May 17 2020, in lieu of a planned physical sprint meeting. Work focussed on preparations for bullseye, and continued maintenance of the large number of perl modules maintained by the team.

Whilst an online sprint cannot fully replace an in-person sprint in terms of focussing attention, the weekend was still very productive, and progress was made on a range of topics including:

  • Reducing technical debt by removing unmaintained packages
  • Beginning packaging and QA for the next major release of perl, 5.32
  • Deciding on a team policy for hardening flags
  • Addressing concerns with Alien::* , a set of pacakges designed to download source code
  • Developing a proposal for debian/NEWS.Developer, to complement debian/NEWS
  • Developing a plan to enable SSL verification in HTTP::Tiny by default

The full report was posted to the relevant Debian mailing lists.

The participants would like to thank OpusVL for providing the Jitsi instance for the weekend.


Značky: #perl, #sprint, #Debian

  • Ar chevron_right

    T-Mobile, Sprint took a risk by finishing merger without Calif. approval

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Thursday, 2 April, 2020 - 21:22

A construction worker holding a stop sign.

Enlarge / California tells T-Mobile and Sprint to halt merger. (credit: Getty Images | Stefan Jackowski | EyeEm)

California state regulators are trying to hold up the T-Mobile/Sprint merger, saying the companies don't yet have approval to combine their operations in the state.

T-Mobile and Sprint announced yesterday that the merger is a done deal and that the two companies are now one. But while the companies had almost all approvals from government authorities, they have not yet gotten the expected approval from the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The CPUC is scheduled to vote on the merger approval and related conditions on April 16.

In response to yesterday's T-Mobile/Sprint announcement, the CPUC issued a ruling that says the companies "shall not begin merger of their California operations until after the CPUC issues a final decision on the pending applications."

Read 12 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=hkk9LDQsFVQ:RQzATrZpfuk:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=hkk9LDQsFVQ:RQzATrZpfuk:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
  • Ar chevron_right

    T-Mobile completes Sprint merger, John Legere leaves CEO job a month early

    news.movim.eu / ArsTechnica · Wednesday, 1 April, 2020 - 15:13

T-Mobile CEO John Legere sitting in a chair and waving at the camera.

Enlarge / T-Mobile CEO John Legere waves during an interview on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange on Monday, April 30, 2018. (credit: Getty Images | Bloomberg)

T-Mobile completed its $31 billion acquisition of Sprint today and announced that CEO John Legere has resigned from the carrier's top job a month sooner than planned.

With today's close, T-Mobile said it has "successfully completed its long-planned Chief Executive Officer transition from John Legere to Mike Sievert ahead of schedule." T-Mobile had previously said Legere would leave at the end of April.

"I had originally planned to stay on through the end of my contract on April 30, 2020, but it makes much more sense to transition this responsibility to Mike today," Legere said. Legere "will continue as a member of the Board of Directors for the remainder of his current term, through the Annual Meeting of Shareholders scheduled in June 2020," the carrier said.

Read 7 remaining paragraphs | Comments

index?i=C7-oTj048k0:0ALtR4eldhc:V_sGLiPBpWUindex?i=C7-oTj048k0:0ALtR4eldhc:F7zBnMyn0Loindex?d=qj6IDK7rITsindex?d=yIl2AUoC8zA