Pixel-art turn-based RPG fans - check out the demo for Of Blades & Tails
Liam Dawe · news.movim.eu / GamingOnLinux · Monday, 10 January, 2022 - 14:13 · 1 minute
Interested in checking out a fresh upcoming pixel-art turn-based RPG? Of Blades & Tails looks pretty great and there's now a demo available to try.
The developer explains that it's inspired by Diablo, Tales of Maj'Eyal and Stoneshard but there's no permadeath so you don't need to worry about any brutal difficulty here. That's not to say it will be easy but it will regularly give you a save so that's nice. On top of that the lore is inspired by the classic point & click adventure Inherit the Earth. Made with Godot Engine , you can see a trailer below:
Watch video on YouTube.com
- Turn-based Combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning
- An Open World with lots of places to discover
- A fresh, animalistic setting in a vibrant pixel art look
- Procedural generated dungeons and caves
- A Main Storyline and various side quests
- Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock
- Equipment of different qualities and Unique Items with special powers
- Hunt giant bugs or gather herbs and other useful resources
- Many Enemy Types with different skills that may require tactical decisions
- Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals
- ... and more to come!
Try out the demo on itch.io and Steam .